Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Review - Tomorrow, Make Me Yours

Sometimes you want a relationship that happens quickly and with promise. Tomorrow, Make Me Yours feels like that to me. This manga is your basic premise: a high school slice of life romance. Yuki likes Hayato but is very introverted and is too nervous to take action, but it turns out that there are some mutual feelings as Hayato seeks Yuki out.Eventually the two get to know each other and after one minor misunderstanding, honest feelings are revealed and the two connect. There are a few twists and turns along the way and it allows both characters to be less one-dimensional.


I've recently watched both Sasaki to Miyano and Given, and both of those had relationships that were built over a much longer period of time. Tomorrow, Make Me Yours, to it's benefit, speeds up the process and is a fully contained story within it's five chapters. The story is light on it's premise but it's a good one-off read.


Just as a reminder, this book is 18+ and does have mature scenes. I'm not sure if it was just me being unlucky in high school or not as sexually charged, but i'm mildly jealous how easily this relationship came together. These two characters know themselves and were ready to follow a seme/uke position and were performing in their assumed roles.


Tomorrow, Make Me Yours is author and artist Kaoruko Miyama's first piece and it shows a lot of potential. The art style is good, a little standard in the genre, and the writing has room to grow. This manga was like a pilot episode, where I'd read it and see there's a lot of promise with Kaoruko Miyama and I hope to see more in the future. If you're looking for a BL that's a one-shot, quick read, and quick resolution this one is perfect for you.


Grade: C+

More information about Tomorow, Make Me Yous, is available on TokyoPop

Also, I'm on MyAnimeList. See the review here, and follow my page to creep on my (mostly) Anime habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drag Race Thoughts on Lady Camden

I was watching a best of clip of Drag Race season 14 this morning and I realized that there was no chance in the world that Lady Camden was...